Building Information

Building Information


The Municipality does all inspections except those for electrical and gas. Please call for an inspection at least 24 hours prior to the day the inspection. 

For electrical inspections please call 604-660-8657 and for gas inspections call 604-660-8651.

2.Construction Noise

You are building in a semi rural residential neighbourhood, please be considerate of your neighbours. 

By bylaw no construction sound is permitted:
Weekdays (Monday through Friday), before 7:00 a.m. and after 7:00 p.m.
Saturdays, before 9:00 a.m. and after 4:00 p.m.

Sundays and Holidays*, at any time.

*Holidays means New Year's Day, Family Day, Good Friday, Easter Monday, Victoria Day, Canada Day, British Columbia Day, Labour Day, Thanksgiving Day, Remembrance Day, Christmas Day and Boxing Day.

Construction Noise is defined in our bylaw as follows:

"Construction Noises means noise from commercial construction, specifically the erection, demolition, construction, reconstruction, alteration or repair of any building and the construction or installation of subdivision infrastructure including heavy equipment and trucks"

3.Soil Deposit Permits

If you require soil to be placed on your property, you will require a Soil Deposit Permit.  You will be required to complete an application form which is available at the Municipal Hall.  The cost of the permit is $100.00 and your permit is valid for 90 days.  You will also be required to deposit a bond with the Municipality.  The amount is $5,000.00.  This bond can be either a letter of credit or cash.  Your bond will be returned to you upon completion of the deposit of soil and an inspection by Municipal Staff to determine that there has been no damage to municipal property.  If you require a soil deposit permit to place soil on your septic field, your permit fees maybe waived.  You are still required to apply for this permit.  We will also require confirmation from the Health Unit that you are required to place soil on your septic field.

4.Water Connection Permits and Water Meters

If you are within the Municipal Water Areas, you will be required to apply for a water connection permit.  The Permits are available at the Municipal Hall.   There is no cost for this permit.  However, you must purchase a Water Meter through the Village Hall.  Once you are ready to connect to the water system, please contact the Municipal Hall to purchase and arrange for a Water Meter installation. 

After you are connected to the water system we will issue you an invoice prorating the fees for the remainder of the year.

5.Culvert Permit

If you are required to install a driveway culvert you will be required to arrange for a permit and an inspection.  There is no charge for this.  For more information, please contact the Building Inspector at 604-469-9877.

6.Portable Sanitary Facilities

Please ensure that your contractor has portable sanitary facilities on site if no facilities are available.

7.Business Licences

All trades must have a valid business licence to work in Anmore. 

 8.  Tree Cutting

The Village of Anmore has a Tree Management Bylaw.  If you are wanting to clear your property for building purposes, or if you are wanting to cut down ANY TREE, you will be required to have a tree cutting permit.  If a healthy tree is cut down without a permit, the fine is $1,000 per tree.



Stay Connected

Powered by CivicWeb CMS - © Copyright 2013 iCompass Technologies Inc.